Thursday, September 29, 2005


It's been nearly 2 months since Josie has been born, and she now weighs in at 12 lbs. She is much more alert now, and we can easily invoke a smile out of her (only after she has a clean diaper and has eaten--why kids need a clean hiney in order to be happy...I don't know). She is a lot of fun, but she isn't perfect (see last post). She has stayed up for an entire night on at least two occasions, and has kept us up several other nights. Usually, these sleepless nights happen on Saturday night, which is really convenient for us. Despite those situations, I can say that she is a drop of pure joy in our lives.

Jonathan is learning a ton at school. He absolutely loves it. He surprised us the other day when he showed us his papers from his class that day. He wrote his name as J-o-n. No one calls him Jon. He just thought it would be faster to write his name that way (needless to say, he got spanked and grounded...just kidding...about the spanking). He told us that he likes to be called Jonathan at home, but Jon at school. His cousin, Isabelle, says that no one calls him Jon at school, however.

Julia is getting taller, and cuter. She makes us laugh every day. About a week ago, we caught her eating toothpaste (thankfully, it was the non-toxic kind...I tried a little myself...it's not too bad, it tastes like chicken). But seriously, although we wanted to spank her the next time we caught her doing it, we decided not to, because we saw a show on TV called "Super Nanny" that said the most effective way to displine your child is to give them a timeout (just kidding about the timeouts, we love spanking our children).

Jennifer is getting back to her normal skinny self. She, of course, insists that she is fat, which I try to affirm...er...deny to her each time she says that. As a couple, our weight has not changed, because any weight she has lost (including that 8 1/2 lb. baby), I have gained (which is not easy to do).

Seminary is busier than ever. I have a test this week, and another in two weeks, still have about 1000 pages to read, and 2 papers to write, but I can't complain, because I'm am learning how to correlate truth about Scripture and God, truths that I never understood before.

1 Comments:

At 10/23/2005 7:39 PM, Blogger Kari said...

Whenever I need a laugh, Jacob, I go to your blog. There is always some one-liner that cracks me up for atleast an hour or so. Either you are a really funny guy, or I am easily amused. It could be both, who knows!? But either way, THANKS!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home