Thursday, July 21, 2005

Buy One, Get One Clean

This phrase, "Buy one, get one clean" was stated by my youngest brother, Jackie while he, Scott and I were putting our clothes away, and was in reference to underwear. It was an attempt at a joke about 10 years ago. I love to tease him about this phrase, because at the time, Scott and I thought it was so off-the-wall (even Jackie realized how silly it was after he said it). But now when I think of that phrase (be careful, this posting is starting to smell of sentimentilism), I think of how great my childhood and teen life was. I couldn't have asked for a better upbringing. Not to exclude the rest of my loving family, but I was especially close to Scott and Jackie (since we were never a part of the "three big ones" [Jason, Joshua, and Shane]). Most of my best memories were playing sports in the back yard, playing video games, and arguing over who's turn it was to do the dishes. I wish Scott and Jackie were close to me (geographically) now, but I understand that as you get older people have to make life choices. In fact, when I begin my church planting efforts in Boca Raton, I will be far away from my family as well, but sometimes you have to suffer (I'm kidding about the church plant in Boca Raton, although I am not opposed to it). So I said all of that to say that...there is no clear reason why I named my blog site by this phrase.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home