Friday, May 12, 2006

Stir Crazy



With the busyness of seminary, it makes it hard to spend time with the family. On a normal day, when I come home, the kids are bouncing off the walls (not literally--that would be something to behold). This stir craziness is particularly obvious in the spring (since they have been cooped up in the house all winter [Scott, you wouldn't know what it is like to have your kids stuck in the house all winter, however, since there is no winter in SC, Mr. Sunny McButterpants]).

Their craziness was especially noticeable last week, which happened to be the worst week for me. I was finishing my 25 page paper for seminary, I had 2 finals, and a sermon manuscript due. I came home on Tuesday, and the kids were extraordinarily energized (which may or not be due to the unhealthy amount of M&M's that we feed them throughout the day--sometimes distributed intraveneously [they have thick veins]). So I told them that we were going to the park on Saturday--NO MATTER WHAT! Their response was an obvious, "YEAHHHHH!!!"



On Saturday, I chased them around for about an hour, and I realized that I can't even keep up with them. I had to take constant breaks, and I found myself breathing heavily. Anyways, it was a lot of fun, and I have pictures to prove it.

2 Comments:

At 5/12/2006 2:06 PM, Blogger Sher said...

Looks like they had lots of fun.

 
At 5/18/2006 1:58 PM, Blogger JayZ said...

Joy, You are not 21...yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home